Friday, September 24, 2010

Discouraged....

Beware, I'm about to pour my heart out on this computer screen. Lydia's past 3 blood sugar readings have been over 500 plus. We are at a loss and I'm trying really, really hard not to worry and to leave it to the professionals. The anxiety that I'm feeling is almost more than I can bear. The thought of going home and her BS still remaining high on a consistent basis, just confuses the mess out of me. I know we are right where we need to be and that they deal with this every single day. I'm just so scared and sad. I never knew so much was involved in taking care of a diabetic or what they have to do to survive, every single day. That is a huge responsibility for me and Will. I know we can do it, but I'm speaking for both of us when I say we lack the confidence. We have studied, listened and learned a lot in a couple of days and it is so overwhelming. Her BS dipped extremely low yesterday morning and it was medically necessary for her to drink 4oz of OJ. Do y'all know how hard it is to make a 3 year old (she's almost 3) drink something she does not want? It was horrible. I was in tears and the OJ ended up down the front of her pajamas. Now, the thought of that entire scenario being at home completely freaks me out.
Okay... I've put it all out there. Sorry, but I'm just keepin' it real.
Night.

4 comments:

  1. Praying for a restful night, good numbers in the morning, and God's presence, peace and strength in the midst.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kristee, I don't know what to say. My heart aches for y'all. I absolutely ache for you - for what you are walking through - for Will, for Lydia. I am praying for you right now. You are going to do great. God will both equip and sustain you. And I am praying for sweet Lydia. We're going before the Father on your behalf. Hang in there sweet friend. You amaze me...your strength...your courage. You are a wonderful mama.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for peace that surpasses all understanding! One minute, one hour, one snack, one meal, one day at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristee,
    You are amazingly strong, resilient, and capable. You will learn this information and do what is needed of you. I have no doubt that you will take wonderful care of Lydia and that you will have it all down to an art before you know it.

    ReplyDelete