Thursday, September 29, 2011

Ladies and Gentlemen!

We went to the circus last week with some friends. The girls were super excited; however, you cannot tell from the picture below.


We walked into the big top and whew, I wasn't prepared for the stench. I looked over at Lydia and snapped a quick pic with my phone. Obviously, we were both on the same page.  Will is always telling me that my senses are too strong, but I think this could have knocked anyone down.
So, after we purchased our adult tickets, because kids get in free with an adult, we headed over to our general admission seats. Yes, we got sucked into that scam. The general admission seats were not even in eye shot, so Kristen and I decided we would bite the bullet and upgrade our seats. We forked out more dough and headed to reserved seating. Looks good, huh?
They sat in their own seats for about 5 minutes flat. Clowns started appearing and noises started happening, so both my girls ended up in my lap. Did I mention that it was already 105 degrees in the tent? Did I mention that I was wearing blue jeans with boots?
I'm not exaggerating, it was rough. We sat and we watched. Every 12 minutes I asked if they would like to sit beside me, but no such luck. I probably could have eased them into their seats at some point, but then the dang  clowns appeared again.This meant they were not moving.
 
Well, before the big elephant performance, they decided to have an intermission. Intermission included letting all the kids there, have a chance to pay to ride the elephants. Meanwhile, all three of us are still piled up in our one seat.
Kristen and her girls rode with us or I would have bailed at intermission. Not sure what my girls would have thought, but I would have pretended it was over. We stayed because that is what good friends and Mamas do- stay and sweat. :) 
Finally, it started back and they brought in a big ol' metal cage. I wish I would have taken a picture of the "THREE" dirt bikes in this cage all together. They were going round and round at very fast speeds. I could not take my eyes off of them. I felt nauseated, fascinated and dizzy, all at once. I think the heat and the fumes were really getting to me at this point. And then the grand finale with the cannonball.

He flew out at whatever mile per hour and the crowd cheered. I cheered too. (because it was over!) We walked outside and I could breathe and smile again!

I have made this trip to the circus sound horrible. It was for me, but it really wasn't about me. The girls thought it was great! I just think their daddy will be taking them back next time!

2 comments:

  1. First, this post make me sweat just reading it.

    Second, how about my big belly in that pic beside Owen?

    Third, we totally should have left at intermission...but then I guess we would've missed the bikers.

    But yes, we were good mamas and stayed and sweated it out. And made some memories too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kinda got hot just reading about it.

    That clown in the stripes looks like he means business.

    ReplyDelete