Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Day Adventure

Will and I  slipped away for a full day a couple of Saturdays ago. It had been over a year for us and it was time. I took Dantz to spend the night with Aunt Cindy and Will and Lydia spent the night with Bea. Will picked me up early Saturday am and we were off for some fishin' fun.

We put the boat in the water at St Andrews Bay and it would not crank. After exchanged words and not much "Love and Respect", we headed to West Marine and got a new battery. Will popped that baby in and we were ready for our adventure to begin.
We saw dolphins, sting rays, fish galore and a couple of sharks too. It was so very peaceful. Will and I had lots of time to talk and plenty of quiet time too. Auburn was even playing and he was only getting updates via texts. :)
We fished and fished some more. We talked about his job, the girls, diabetes, us, bible study, friends, future vacations, family and it was absolutely wonderful.
Check out the little fella below. A fish with wings, maybe?  We did not catch any keepers, but I am pretty certain that is not what this day was all about; however, it would have been a nice bonus.
There's always next time for more fishin' though. I hooked several trout, but none were long enough to fillet up and fry. We were catching fish left and right, which added a lot of excitement to our time together.
It was a beautiful day, but as the day went on, it got hot. Will decided to cool off, but I continued to sweat. I had not forgotten about Jaws and his little baby brother that swam by earlier. Will jumped in anyway, against
my advice.

It was the most perfect day date that we have had  in very long time!

5 comments:

  1. glad ya'll had some time away! if i lived closer, i would watch lydia for you! we could check our sugars together and all our girls could play! ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO happy for you that y'all had that time together!!! Awesome! And you are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you had this sweet time together. And your bathing suit is rockin' sister. :)

    ReplyDelete