Thursday, November 18, 2010

Iron Chef America

Okay, maybe not Iron Chef America, but I was busy tonight. My Grandmama King makes the best dressing EVER! I am not going to make it to her house for Thanksgiving this year, so I asked for her recipe.

She emailed it. Yes, you read correctly, she emails too! Anyway, the email starts out with a recipe for egg bread. My first thought was, the Dowlings are going to have "Stove Top Stuffing", bc I've never made bread in my life, but I decided to "man up". I got out the ol' Iron Skillet and made it happen.

I followed each step in the recipe. ex: 1-2 cups of buttermilk. (No offense GM, that's what excellent cooks do) Also, she informed me that Turkey Stock would be best instead of Chicken Stock. So, I went to the family grocery and bought a pack of turkey head, legs, thighs, necks or something. I really am not sure, but I boiled those bad boys up!

Here's the egg bread waiting to be crumbled!

Nothing like a couple of stale, soggy HD buns thrown in too.
Just following the recipe!
Hey, it looks like uncooked dressing to me!

I've got it in the freezer letting all of those flavors merry until I haul it South. I sure hope I can carry on Grandmama's tradition, because she is one special lady and makes a mean dressing too!




Guess we'll find out next Thursday!


4 comments:

  1. It looks yummy! i think you are ready for a T-day Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, that is some serious skilz. I've been nominated to make dressing this year. Guess who's recipe I'd like to follow? Wanna send me a copy? Please. (Seriously. I have no idea what I am doing.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I just tell you how impresssed I am? Turkey stock, egg bread...you are out of my league. I dread the day I am in charge of the dressing. Yours is going to be the hit of Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Babe!!!!!
    You have one on your mother! Never tried to make it and don't think I will start now!!!! You are amazing!!!!! I am so very proud of you! I know that it will be yummy! I know how much your brother loved Grandmama's dressing ,too!

    ReplyDelete