Friday, June 8, 2012

VBS and BB's Bday

This week has been busy.

And let me just give a big shout out to all teachers, especially preschool teachers. And a double shout out to 'betes mom's that work full-time. My level of exhaustion went to a whole new level this week and I only put in five days for less-than four hours a day. :)

It was VBS week at our church and the girls and I were there everyday, fully involved. I taught the 4P class with a total of 19 boys and girls. And let me just say, they were all precious. And funny. Their bible knowledge at 4 and 5 years old was quite impressive. I learned as much from them as I hope they learned from me.


These two little angels were super excited about "vacation bible school"!  They had a blast and loved seeing me at snack time and throughout the week,  when I would check L's blood sugar.

This week made me realize that I am not quite ready for Lydia to go to school for five days in the Fall. VBS was a teeny, tiny dose of what next year might be like for us and wow, it wasn't that easy.

We will get there, even if it means  detailing cars in the church parking lot, while she's in class. :)


Next up- we gathered for Bea-Bea's birthday this week. The fam came over for dinner and cake and it was a sweet, little birthday celebration.



Happy Birthday, Dear Bea-Bea.... Happy Birthday to you!!


Dantz is our early riser and claims that the birds wake her up in the mornings. I claim it is her daddy stompin' around the house leaving for work early, I hear her feet hit the floor every day (this week a few times before 6) and she comes to our bedroom door and pretty much demands orange juice. every. single. morning.  If I  tell her it's too early and to get back into bed, it is just a loud scene, that this non-early riser cannot handle. So, I get the girl her OJ.  After her morning juice, she crawled back into bed with me more than once this week. I loved it!


Since this week has been long and wonderful, we decided to hit the town tonight. We went to Happy Hour  Dinner......

then, face down in DQ!



Happy Weekend!!

3 comments:

  1. Y'all are so fun! I miss you! Glad VBS was a success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those VBS pigtails and that posing shot at dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please tell me you were at Things & Wings for dinner! Actually, don't tell me! It's one of my fave local places back home. :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete